Web Resources for Finding/Re-homing Pets
Below is a list of Facebook pages that can help you find a lost pet or re-home one. We are providing this listing, but want to make everyone aware that there are people who will take animals and misuse them. Please screen any applicants carefully to be sure they are going to truly give it a loving home.
Please follow the individual page’s posting guidelines. Here are a list of things to include in your post.
- Have a good photo of the animal.
- Include a contact phone number and email.
- Provide a thorough description as it will increase responses. Have they been fixed, vaccinated? Do they get along with kids, other cats, dogs? Do they like to play, are they lap cats, etc.
- If they haven’t been fixed and vaccinated, it would be ideal if this can be done before they are adopted out. In Lane County Oregon, Willamette Animal Guild has the best prices for spay/neutering. An adoption fee (could be in the form of a donation to a rescue) should always be asked to help ensure a legitimate adopter (and not a dog fighter, lab, or flipper).
Below is a list of pages with short descriptions of the areas they specialize in.
- Adoptable Rescue Cats of Lane County – Page for networking cats looking for homes from all rescues in Lane County. Specializes in adults, medical needs and kittens over 6 months having difficulty finding forever homes.
- Lane County Animal Rescue Network – a good place to post if you need help with rescuing a cat and also to network rescued cats for adoption.
- Eug/Spfld Pay it Forward – only for posting free pets
- Life 9 Rescue – Help and information for TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) and managing feral colonies.
- Willamette Valley Trappers and Rescue – Resources for TNR
Places to post animals needing homes
- Petco and Purina partnered together to create a free rehoming program to make it easy for you to find a forever home for your cat.
NW Pet Classifieds – animals needing homes can be posted here.
Oregon All Critter Rescue Group – Animals that need rescue/homes can be posted here.
Oregon Pet Listings – animals needing homes can be posted here.
Pet Friends – Rescued local cats and dogs that need homes can be posted here.
Animals needing homes Eugene/Springfield, Oregon Area
- For Pet’s Sake Classifieds – another place to post pets that need a home
- Lane County Pets -Buy-Sell-Rehome or Discuss – post pets that need homes
- NW Pets under $100\
- Oregon Pets “In Search of…“ – focus is on animals that have been rescued so people can post animals they have rescued.
- Valley and Southern Oregon Pet Classifieds – pets needing homes in southern Oregon
- Willamette Valley Pet Classified – post pets that need homes